Sunday, August 7, 2011

Óhíd

On Monday the 1st I arrived to Óhíd ( it means Old Bridge). I expected a hungarian farmer, but instead I met Arthur, who's name says how english he is. That means "Hungarian 0 - 1 English"...


I had to wait for three days to meet another Wwoofer, and finally have some company!
Her name is Tiel, she comes from California (Santa Bárbara), and has been travelling for two months across Europe (if I remember well...)


The thing is that she found a book: "Teach yourself Hungarian"!! So now we have "Hungarian 1 - 1 English", and eventually I hope it will be "Hungarian 'n' - 1 English" ('n' equal or greater than 2)


She is with whom I spend most of my free time, and with whom i went for a ride with our bikes in order to finally find some Wifi...


We managed to find Wifi here, in a village called Türje, about 6 km away from where we live.




Let me explain something about this: we "live" means that, when you go WWOOFing, you work 30 hours a week, from 7AM (but we always start later) until around 1PM. From there on, we have all day for ourselves, in a cottage where we work (so we don't een need to 'go to work').


The owner of the farm, which is Arthur in this case, provides us with that cottage (with kitchen, bathroom, toilet, etc), food, blanchets, towels, and ocasionally takes us to visit some villages, to the Grocery Store where we will buy our food or to the beautiful Thermal Springs ( that means 30C swimming pools ) near Zalaszengrot!



And today, after the Wifi, we went to a nearby village, Nagygörbö (it means Big Church), where a German Family has a cottage where they sale their own Bier.





No comments:

Post a Comment