Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Kesthely

Today I am visiting Kesthely (it means 'castle'). It is the second biggest city in the shore of lake Balaton, the biggest lake in Europe.


Motor boats are not allowed in the lake anywhere, which gives to the lake the calm that the nearby villages deserve. That means all you see are rowboats, sailboats and other types of human powered boats.

But Kesthely isn't the only city I visited today. Since it is my first day off (Arthur still owes me one more, though), I decided I should visit this villages. I must say there are really touristic, and also that most of the tourists are Hungarian. First I visited Héviz, a town that only has a tiel-colored church and a circle-shaped lake no more than 100 meters of diameter. This "lake" turns out to be one of the best natural hot water springs on the world, ought to its high concentration of minerals.



From there I came walking o Kesthely, 7km, and here I ate a Lángosh, that is, a potatoe-based deep-fried bread that is usually eaten with Tejföl (sour cream).


Kesthely has a Palace (actually, they like to say it's a castle, but you'll see it's not), the one on the pictures:





Now I have to go, because I don't want to miss the bus back home!

1 comment:

  1. Parece q te lo estás pasando genial!! por aqui se te echa d menos!!! un besazo y sigue disfrutando!!

    Lau.

    ReplyDelete