Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pre-farming





This is my first blogging during this trip.
I am now on my way to Sümeg, in a train that comes from Tapolca that, by the way, I'm not paying; maybe you remember this names from last year...



I landed in Budapest on Thursday, and I went straight to the city. I was supposed to meet with Roxi, my Hungarian friend, on Friday, so I just walked around the city all day.




Obviously I didn't want to pay for a hostel, so at night I went to the Buda hills to set up my tent. I was waiting for the tourists to go (because it was about to rain) and hence I could stand my tent somewhere there. They left after the rain came, so I had to put up the tent under the rain. Yeah, well... Not my best night, I must admit, and before 5AM I was already awake and putting all away.


























Then comes Friday, the day I have the same things to do as Thursday, except that I was waiting for Roxi to tell me the time and place of our meeting. We had a misunderstanding so we couldn't meet on Friday either. And there I was again, on the Buda hills, looking for a better place to sleep than the one where I'd slept the night before. I found it, but there was another man there, called Tóbi, who said it was no problem that I slept there if I wanted to.
I leave you here some pictures of Budapest!












Saturday; I took a bus to Tapolca, a town that I had visited last year. Maybe this pictures sound familiar to you, though this ones are new:



Tapolca Lake (the water comes from the caves)










So my plan was to go up the mountain near there and camp, make some fire, etc., and come back next day after lunch. You can imagine: I mean, it's so hot that I had to carry 7 liters of water, plus the food needed. Well, 6 liters of water and one of milk. That makes an estimate weight of 20kilos at my back going up a hill...











Luckily I found an unopened bottle of hungarian white wine at the summit, which we could say it allowed me to stay for a couple more hours.







So yeah, that is what I didn't do on my last trip and I wanted to do in this one. Mission accomplished!



I went down to the city again. This time, I had a big rest, because finally I was back on the town and I had as much water as I wanted to. Just took the right time to get fresh again, and got back on the road!






You see, I had to be at the Benedictine Monk's Church in Bákonybél on Wednesday or Thursday, so I still had a gap of around 3 days. Luckily, I had sent an email to the farm in Óhíd were I had been last year, and since they had replied saying that it was OK that I went there for just three or four nights, I headed that way.



I bought some bread (at the same bakery last year I bought the same bread), and rushed to the Bus Station. The bus didn't come, which (at least for the bus drivers) seems like a not-so-strange thing to happen; When I finally realised it wasn't coming, I went to the Train Station, and you already know the rest of the story!













No comments:

Post a Comment